Bonnaroo 2018: Saturday

High Temp:  89°F Low Temp:  64°F

Halfway through Bonnaroo!

I awake in my cot as daylight begins to glow around the sheet I have strung in front of the rear windows of the van. Waking up early means getting into the showers without waiting in line. My volunteer shift doesn't start until later so I have time to restock the ice in my cooler ($5). Seriously considering the expense of a YETI cooler as they are so efficient. And true, my trusty Igloo cooler has seen better days.

It's a gorgeous morning. The ShelterBox Tent gets waves of passerbys and many stop to learn more about the tent. By midday, the air gets hot. My phone gets so hot that it won't accept anymore charge even when it's low. I place it on top of a fan while charging and it works.

Dinner over at Meat + three. So good.

My first music act is Rag N Bone Man and wow, what a voice. Many of his songs are melancholy because, he admits, "I'm a miserable bastard." He plays Human, arguably his most popular song, and it feels like a short set. It wasn't. Apparently other folks thought the same thing as hey we're packing up to leave. "We have more songs to play," he called. So I sat back down.

Old Crow Medicine Show - Veterans of the festival vibe. Always solid.
First Aid Kit - I <3 FAK. Their cover of Crazy On You by Heart was rocking.
Bon Iver - Two sets sounded great.
Eminem - My second time seeing him on the same stage. Legend.


Bonnaroo Bingo Shirt 2018
Bonnaroo Bingo Shirt

Tom Petty mural in Centeroo, Bonnaroo 2018
Tom Petty mural in Centeroo

BonnaBall at Rag N Bone Man - Bonnaroo 2018
#BonnaBall at Rag N Bone Man

Bon Iver Bonnaroo 2018
Bon Iver

Eminem Bonnaroo 2018
Eminem

Bonnaroo crowd at night 2018
Bonnaroo What Stage walk


The beautiful thing about Bonnaroo is there is always something for everyone. I love the diversity.

I'm back at the campsite debating benefit of enjoying an ice cold beer vs the inevitable need to expel it. So tired. So happy.