Bonnaroo 2011: Monday

Monday

Bonnaroo Chris campsite teardown 2011
Bonnaroo Chris campsite teardown 2011

We take our time taking everything down, saving the shade for last. We leave one single bag each of garbage and recycling. On the drive out it is astonishing to see the garbage left behind. Broken tents, piles of garbage, boxes and even broken glass.

So much garbage. It covers the vast field. It's unbelievable.


Bonnaroo garbage 2011

Bonnaroo garbage 2011

The long drive home. We stop at Las Margaritas for lunch except it's different than the one we ate at last year. Still, it was good Mexican food. It rains a lot as we drive through Florida.

Driving home from Bonnaroo
Driving home from Bonnaroo



Back home, Matt #1 is dropped off first, then me, close to midnight. My girl makes me shower immediately. I take it easy the next day, putting supplies away and uploading photos.

By Thursday, I have a 102 degree fever and am immobilized for three days. I cough up crud for weeks afterward. It's called the Bonna-flu and you don't want it.

Other than that, Bonnaroo was a blast.