Bonnaroo 2010: Sunday

High Temp: 95°F Low Temp: 75.9°F

Team Roo wristbands 2010
Team Roo wristbands 2010
 Slept in slightly. Sunday would be the hottest day, reaching nearly 100 degrees. I chose to use the camp shower rather than the $7 shower. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

    Breakfast. Time to head back in. I went into Centeroo to do some shopping. They have everything: art, clothing, jewelry, hammocks, sandals, massages, henna painting, drums and on and on.

    I stopped into a booth that had these clever wood-carved animals. Some have ribbed backs and a small instrument to rub across it to make the sound of that animal. (Frog, alligator) The blow-ones (owl, elephant) brought a few exceptionally excited girls into the tent while I was there. Check out the sales guy's grin.

Wood caring blowing, Bonnaroo 2010
Wood caring blowing, Bonnaroo 2010

Adult Swim, Bonnaroo 2010
Adult Swim, Bonnaroo 2010

Adult Swim, Bonnaroo 2010
Adult Swim, Bonnaroo 2010

    Worth a look:
    Utilikilts - Not sure I can pull off a kilt but these are badass. Comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Bonnaroo Chris 2010
Bonnaroo Chris 2010

    I checked out the John Butler Trio as I had heard a couple of songs on the drive up. They were way better in person. I ended up staying for the entire set. I am now a fan. Love the song, "Better Than."

    After it ended, I wandered for a bit. Then decided to head back to the What Stage to get a shady seat for John Fogerty. I found the perfect spot under a mist tent. I love CCR and John gave me a whole bunch.

John Fogerty, Bonnaroo 2010
John Fogerty, Bonnaroo 2010

Bonnaroo Advice 2010
Bonnaroo Advice 2010

They Might Be Giants, Bonnaroo 2010
They Might Be Giants, Bonnaroo 2010

    I hooked back up with Raylon to hear They Might Be Giants. They were solid. And it was a huge crowd.

    Then we headed to This Tent to see Dropkick Murphys. They were jamming.

Dropkick Murphys, Bonnaroo 2010
Dropkick Murphys, Bonnaroo 2010

Reminder from 2008

Walking back from Centeroo, we got distracted.

Bonnaroo Tea Lady 2010

Bonnaroo Waste Site 2010

Distraction #1) Raylon and I checked out the recycling area that was filled with a vast pile of plastic bottles. It's also where we met Tea Lady who, aside from being blissfully happy, handed out swigs of her bourbon iced tea and then she was gone. Bye-bye tea lady. Namaste.

Bonnaroo Chris Go kart ride, 2010
Bonnaroo Chris and Raylon go for a ride, 2010
Bonnaroo mud 2010
Bonnaroo mud 2010

Distraction #2) I jokingly offered one of the golf-cart driving staff $1 to let me "drive it through the mud." He made a phone call and said to hop on. He brought us through the mud himself, which was cool but then he dropped us off at the entrance to Centeroo, right back where we started.

 The next band to see was Phoenix.

Phoenix, Bonnaroo 2010
Raylon at Phoenix, Bonnaroo 2010

    With upbeat music and a gorgeously lit sunset sky, Phoenix was a great Sunday act. I didn't recognize many of their songs but it was spirited and fun.

Bonnaroo Sunset 2010
Bonnaroo Sunset 2010

Bonnaroovians 2010
Bonnaroovians 2010

Canadian Bonnaroovians
Canadian Bonnaroovians

Bonnaroo Hang Loose 2010
Bonnaroo Hang Loose 2010

Dave Matthews Band, Bonnaroo 2010
Dave Matthews Band, Bonnaroo 2010

    The last slot at Bonnaroo was filled by the Dave Matthews Band. Another act I've seen a couple of times. As a friend put it, "I love the songs, but the live versions are always the same." I would agree with that. But, once and awhile, Dave still gets the crowd noodle dancing on their tired and sore feet. [Me included]

The opening song included a bunch sky lanterns being launched from within the crowd. It was a beautiful sight. The band sounded great. 

Bonnaroo Chinese lanterns, 2010
Bonnaroo Chinese lanterns, 2010

Waldo and Bonnaroo Chris 2010
Waldo and Bonnaroo Chris 2010

Not cool: I waited to do some last minute shopping until tonight. Vendors promised to be open "until 1:00 am or until they kick us outta here."

    Come to find out, while everyone filed in to see Dave, they began to shut down Centeroo, barring re-entry and redirecting traffic through the main Centeroo gate. Now, it was the only possible exit. I thought it was a little early but what do I know. Plus, I found Waldo. [Finally!]

    I would finally wander back to the tent, where Team Roo debriefed and I fell asleep in a camp chair. After a long weekend, I would sleep very soundly.

No music in the distance. No need for earplugs.