Bonnaroo 2014: Monday


It's Monday. Nobody likes it.

Bonnaroo Chris loves Bonnaroo, 2014
Bonnaroo Chris loves Bonnaroo, 2014

Bonnaroo art 2014
Bonnaroo art 2014

I tear down the booth and the tent while the team tears down the campsite and comes to pick me up. When I go to refill me camelback, there is a box on the ground marked "Unicorn puppies for sale."

I'm dropping the Shelterbox tent when I get the call. "We got pushed out of the festival on to the highway." Good thing I stored a sandwich I got yesterday from the Cracked food truck in the cooler in the booth. Made for the perfect lunch! Luckily, it didn't take long for the team to get back in.

Longest drive ever back to Florida ... involved a dinner stop at a Shoney's somewhere in Georgia. It was the waitress's first week and the food was mostly beige. An older couple tables away stared at us and told the waitress to "watch out for them." We stared back.

Hours later, a horrible truck accident has traffic jammed up. The tractor truck is burned to the ground and yet a medical helicopter takes off from the rest area. Eeek. Made it home at around 2:30 am. I'm so exhausted but damn that was fun.


Homemade Bonnabag 2014
Homemade Bonnabag 2014

Ps. What an amazing year! The artists, the vibe, the food ... I love this music festival for it's positive energy and this year proved to be yet another shining example. Working in the booth everyday was grueling, I won't lie, but I was happy to devote part of my experience to such a positive cause. And most everyone was impressed with the idea and the equipment.
Where Weird Is Normal, Bonnaroo 2014
Where Weird Is Normal, Bonnaroo 2014

THANK YOU
- To everyone who found me! It was a pleasure to meet each of you.

- To all the folks that heard the ShelterBox story - I'm a big believer in the cause and I know some of you were inspired by what you saw and heard.

- To my sponsor NECTAR Sunglasses for helping me spread the word about SheltlerBox

- To Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment for orchestrating and implementing this creative and unique world where, for four days, we are removed from the rest of society and left in a state of optimism and camaraderie that is so fantastic and rare.

- To everyone (fans/staff) who attends the festival and makes it the magical place it is.

- To the ShelterBox team for working so hard!

- And to the dude who returned my camera!