Bonnaroo 2014: Friday

High Temp: 88°F  Low Temp: 64°F

Planet Roo, Bonnaroo 2014
Planet Roo, Bonnaroo 2014

I'm up early to an overcast sky. I need a cup of coffee. Turns out, it would be a beautiful day as it would be overcast but very little rain. Also turns out, my camera is no where to be found. I'm bummed ... but the party continues using my phone instead. Found there wasn't a line so I took an early, solo ride on the Ferris Wheel.

Centeroo, 2014
Centeroo, 2014

Bonnaroo Chris self portrait, 2014
Bonnaroo Chris self portrait, 2014

Bonnaroo campgrounds, 2014
Bonnaroo campgrounds, 2014

The beautiful views of the Farm are worth the 6$. You get to see how vast the the tent city becomes, (5th largest in the state). Grabbed some lunch at the Grazing Here truck which was a carnivorous delight.

Back in the ShelterBox tent to spread the word. The bone marrow folks in the booth nearby are not only doing temporary tattoos but now they're doing temporary BUTT tattoos. Hilarious.

Shelterbox discussion at Bonnaroo 2014
Shelterbox discussion at Bonnaroo 2014

I finish my shift and run into the chick dressed as Gold Bond powder. Brilliant costume. Soon after that, I run into Thor. When I ask if I can take his picture, he stops and says, "You're Bonnaroo Chris, aren't you?" A woman named Courtney found me for the "1st time in 5 years!"

Gold Bond costume at Bonnaroo 2014
Gold Bond costume at Bonnaroo 2014

Thor costume at Bonnaroo 2014
Thor costume at Bonnaroo 2014


I went to Bonnaroo and found Jesus
I went to Bonnaroo and found Jesus

The Naked and Famous, Bonnaroo 2014
The Naked and Famous, Bonnaroo 2014

The Naked and Famous
I love the Naked and Famous. Go see them in concert and please invite me.

Setlist: A Stillness; Punching in a Dream; Girls Like You; Rolling Waves; The Sun; All of This; I Kill Giants; Hearts Like Ours; No Way; Young Blood

Vampire Weekend, Bonnaroo 2014
Vampire Weekend, Bonnaroo 2014

Porta Potties at Bonnaroo 2014
Porta Potties at Bonnaroo 2014

Vampire Weekend
I've seen them a couple times. Still good. Crowded set.

Setlist: Diane Young; White Sky; Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa; Unbelievers; Holiday; Step; Finger Back; Horchata; Everlasting Arms; Cousins; California English; A-Punk; Ya Hey; Campus; Oxford Comma; Giving Up the Gun; Hannah Hunt; Walcott

Phoenix
Caught them back '10. Still sound great.

Setlist: Entertainment; Lasso; Lisztomania; Girlfriend; Trying to Be Cool; Chloroform; Sunskrupt!; If I Ever Feel Better; S.O.S. in Bel Air; Armistice; 1901; Rome; Entertainment (Reprise)

Blank Range & Speedy Oritz
Ahem. Found some decent bands playing during this time slot. Is some big rap artist playing?



Ice Cube
Not sure if I thought being a movie star might have softened him up. Glad to see that wasn't the case. Solid sound and energy busting some of the original gangsta shit. Awesome.

Setlist: Natural Born Killaz; You Can Do It; Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It; Go To Church; The Next Episode; Gangsta Nation; Drop Girl; It Was a Good Day; Straight Outta Compton

Hamagedden Bonnaroo 2014
Hamagedden at Bonnaroo 2014

I catch the Superjam w/ Chaka Khan which is pretty cool, but I'm deliriously tired and after a couple of beers I only just manage to get myself back to the volunteer tent.