Bonnaroo 2019


I opted to not attend the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival 2019. Ironically, I missed 2009 too but for different reasons.

Ron with Bonnaroo Chris totem in 2019

A huge shout out to my friend, Ron. Ron has been to the festival several times and when he found out I wasn't going to make it, he created a totem of me that he carried around the entire time. I kept getting photos and video of people with the totem and it made my day every time.

Bonnaroo Chris totem at the TWLOHA booth 2019

Bonnaroo Chris totem with a Roovian 2019

There were several factors in my decision but the biggest was that I started volunteering for a charity called ONETrack International that works to provide long term support to orphans around the world.

In August of 2019, I had the honor to deploy with the charity's volunteer team to Africa. We orchestrated a site visit at an orphanage in Zimbabwe where I captured everything via photos and video.


Chris in Africa with ONETrack International

After completing the work, the team took a backpacking trip through Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia. It was an extraordinary trip to a part of the world I might not otherwise see. The sights included Victoria Falls, a safari in the Chobe National Park and a ferry that crosses the only international intersection of four countries in the world: Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Please check out www.onetrackinternational.org and support the cause if you think it's important.


ONETrack International in Zimbabwe 2019
Chris Alexander taking photos for OTI in 2019
Chris at Victoria Falls 2019
Elephant at Chobe National Park, Botswana 2019
The team at the Kazungula Ferry crossing 2019

Volunteering is a big part of my life. I've gone to Bonnaroo four times now as a volunteer and that has made the festival an even better experience for me. If you have the time and energy, I highly recommend finding one or more organizations whose missions speak to you and look into being a volunteer. It can be quite fulfilling to help your fellow humans.

I hope those of you who attended Bonnaroo 2019 had a great time and kept the positivity alive! I'm looking forward to returning to The Farm.

#bonnaroo #roolife #ron #volunteering #globalorphancrisis #charity #giveback




<<  2018  >>      HOME     <<  2020  >>